Monday, 29 May 2017

Sound and Fury Signifying Nothing

I forgot I was at home earlier, and went to reach for my call room key in my purse.

It's been a long few days and I'm really tired.

Right now Im trying to get a ton of paperwork stuff done because that's life.

My husband is going to be returning to work part time next month when his parental leave is up, and then full time in July. Our older two kids are going to be going to spend much of the summer with their grandparents, so conveniently we'll actually be down to just one kid for all of July, then we're back home for two weeks (vacation for my family, elective for me.)

We've decided to do this as a means of limiting our overall debt. Our original projections took into account that I'd be applying to the sponsorship program and while it was obviously never a guarantee that I would be accepted for it, I'm pretty sure at this point I won't be applying to it because I still very much want to go for OB/Gyn.

Well, usually.

I find on post-call days, particularly when I haven't had any sleep, I lean pretty heavily towards just going for family med because it's a specialty that allows for much more sleep and a better lifestyle, and at the moment, that is incredibly appealing.

But it's kind of like that whole "don't shop hungry" idea. Don't make career-modifying decisions whilst exhausted.

Family med has a lot of customization, it really does. You can tailor your practice in many ways, but it is still primarily a medical specialty with some occasional procedures and maybe, maaaaybe some surgical assisting.

I want more than that, and I know that if I'm going to have the stronger emphasis on procedures and surgery, I need to go for OB.

But ugh, sleep. Sleep is nice. Being home for supper with my family is also nice.

Yet... surgery.

There's the rub, and that's why I've been going around and around and around.

Which is making me even more tired, so I'm going to go to bed now and stop thinking about it until tomorrow.

Unrelated to anything: my cat looks like he has a side quest for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment